CK Part-Time Preschool Overview
CK's part time preschool program, previously known as The Little Red Schoolhouse Preschool and now part of Christ the King Catholic School, is a child-centered, traditional, private, Catholic, half-day preschool program serving children between the ages of 3 and 6 years in Oklahoma City, OK. The program is a Montessori-based preschool with a blended educational philosophy of various early childhood theories that are current, developmentally appropriate, promote hands-on learning and value the individual child. The program has a nine-member staff all of whom are highly qualified. Here are a few highlights about the program:
* Low student/teacher ratios.
* Religious education that aids each child's spiritual and moral growth and development.
* Highly qualified, experienced, teachers with degrees in Education.
* Well-rounded, developmentally appropriate curriculum (click here) that covers math, literacy, art, science, music, religion and social studies.
* Warm, nurturing, clean and safe classrooms.
* Individualized instruction (click here) for all children based on their level of development.
Teachers and parents share a commitment to fostering the development, curiosity, and happiness of each and every child who attends CK's part time preschool. See photos here.
CK's Part Time Preschool also offers a summertime program for preschoolers called Camp Little Red. Click here for more information.
In 2008, Little Red Schoolhouse was selected to be a part of the Oklahoma A+ Schools Network (www.okaplus.org). As part of the A+ Network, we believe that an arts-integrated curriculum best serves all students. We know that learning styles are highly individualized, so we design our curriculum to accommodate the learning style of each student.